Alumni Association Honors Recent Award Recipients
Multi-year recipients of the Evander Frank Kelly Honored Alumnus Award and the B. Olive Cole Honorary Alumnus Award recognized at a special event in Pharmacy Hall.
By Andrew Tie
December 7, 2023
The University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Alumni Association honored its recent award recipients at a special event on Nov. 4. The 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2021-2022 recipients of the Evander Frank Kelly Honored Alumnus Award and the B. Olive Cole Honorary Alumnus Award were recognized during the evening, marking the first time since before the COVID-19 pandemic that the Alumni Association held an event.
“I congratulate each of our award winners and thank the Alumni Association for its hard work and dedication to helping advance the School of Pharmacy,” said Sarah L.J. Michel, PhD, dean and professor of the School during remarks at the event. “Tonight is about coming together to recognize honorees who were nominated and selected for these awards by their colleagues, classmates, and friends. As your dean, I am incredibly fortunate to be a part of such a strong and impactful community of alumni – truly a pillar of strength at the School.”
Evander Frank Kelly Honored Alumnus Award
The Evander Frank Kelly Honored Alumnus Award recognizes School of Pharmacy alumni who have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in the profession of pharmacy through service in local, state, and national pharmacy, government, or civic organizations, and are active in the promotion of pharmacy at the University of Maryland.
- 2021-2022: Hoai-An Truong, PharmD’05, MPH, FAPhA, FNAP, professor and director of public health, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- 2020-2021: Sadhna Khatri, PharmD ’00, MS, MPH, MEd, commander, USPHS Commissioned Corps, program coordinator, Office of Compliance and Biologics Quality, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration
B. Olive Cole Honorary Alumnus Award
The B. Olive Cole Honorary Alumnus Award is presented to a non-alumnus who has demonstrated continued interest and exceptional loyalty and service to the profession of pharmacy in Maryland, and whose professional, personal, civic, and philanthropic pursuits reflect the high standards and values associated with the School of Pharmacy and its Alumni Association.
- 2021-2022: Emily L. Heil, PharmD, MS, BCIDP, BCPS, AAHIVP, professor in the Department of Practice, Sciences, and Health Outcomes Research (P-SHOR)
- 2020-2021: Kathryn Walker, PharmD, BCPS, FAAHPM, associate professor of P-SHOR
- 2019-2020: Charmaine Rochester-Eyeguokan, PharmD, CDCES, BCACP, professor of P-SHOR
“Our alumni community of more than 7,000 individuals represents diverse degree programs and careers,” said Catherine Cooke, PharmD, MS ’18, BCPS, PAHM, research associate professor of P-SHOR and president of the Alumni Association. “It was an honor to celebrate our award winners of the past few years and thank them for their impact on the pharmacy profession and the support they give to our community.”